22 02 2021. Workshop „Best time to warm up our sustainability!”
Place: The workshop will be hosted on Zoom platform. The link will be created and sent to all participants three days before the workshop.
Power Point presentation
Goal: To raise awareness among its youth participants, and society in general, on how to maximize the economical benefits that the tourism industry offers, while preserving both the cultural heritage and nature of the destinations.
Description: The participants of the workshop will have a unique opportunity to learn from both – professionals and experts with baggage of experience in the field, as well as students with relatively little experience, but with different outlook on issues.
Participants: 2 teams (10 participants per team) from each participating country (Latvia, Lithuania, Russia). The participants of 1 team should include (from each of the participating countries):
- 4 high school or vocational school students;
- 4 senior year students of bachelor study programs interested in sustainable tourism;
- 2 professionals and experts in the tourism and environmental sector.
|10:00 – 10:15||Workshop Introduction „Best time to warm up our sustainability!”|
|10:15 – 11:00||Lecture in the field of sustainable tourism|
|11:00 – 11:10||Break|
|11:10 – 11:30||Division of groups, case study assignment and description of the task|
|11:30 – 12:10||Case study analysis|
|12:10 – 12:50||Lunch break|
|12:50 – 14:50||Case study analysis|
|14:50 – 15:20||Preparation for presentation of analysis|
|15:20 – 16:00||Presentation of case study results and discussion|
- As a result, guidelines could be created for a program to promote sustainable tourism, such as a label system for tourism-related businesses that operate in accordance with the principles of sustainable tourism.
- New project ideas/solutions/recommendations/adjustments for sustainable tourism in local areas analyzing locally developed sustainability projects.
- Raise awareness among its youth participants and society in general, on how to maximize the economical benefits that the tourism industry offers, while preserving both the cultural heritage and nature of the destination