2020 11 11 The 1st Sustainable Tourism Award of the Baltic Sea Region
The 1st Baltic Sea Region Sustainable Tourism Awards: Promoting Sustainable and Competitive Tourism in the Baltic Sea Region
Sustainable tourism awards have been conferred worldwide to recognise achievements of diverse stakeholders for their contribution towards more sustainable and green tourism practices at the local, national, regional and international levels.
The goals of the Baltic Sea Region Sustainable Tourism Awards are:
- to feature the Baltic Sea Region’s achievements towards sustainable tourism and position the Baltic Sea Region as a sustainable and competitive destination at the European and global scale;
- to provide a meaningful platform for best practices and know-how exchange within the Baltic Sea Region countries;
- to encourage involvement and foster cooperation among tourism stakeholders who are committed to sustainable and responsible tourism in all Baltic Sea Region countries;
- to promote the sustainable practices within the Baltic Sea Region;
- to stimulate tourism recovery and new sustainable initiatives during and after COVID.
Organisers of the Sustainable Tourism Awards
The EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region under Policy Area Tourism (hereinafter EUSBSR), the Baltic Sea Tourism Center, in close cooperation with the Tourism Policy Division of the Ministry of the Economy and Innovation of the Republic of Lithuania are the main organisers of the Baltic Sea Region Sustainable Tourism Awards.